All Dafydd Hardy staff who deal with Lettings have attended the Rent Smart Wales course and are ready to help you with any enquieries - here's some of the team getting their certificates.
More information on Rent Smart Wales can be found below, or call 01248 35 35 44.
All private landlords who have a rental property in Wales must register themselves and the addresses of their rental properties in Wales, there is a charge of £33.60 to register online and this rises if undertaking a paper application.
Landlords who undertake defined letting or property management activities at a rental property in Wales must apply for a license. If your property is managed through Dafydd Hardy, we are your licenced agent and as such you will not need to be licenced unless you undertake defined activities as listed below;
- Arranging or conducting viewings with prospective tenants;
- Gathering evidence for the purpose of establishing the suitability of prospective tenants (for example, by confirming character references, undertaking credit checks or interviewing a prospective tenant);
- Preparing, or arranging the preparation, of a tenancy agreement;
- Preparing, or arranging the preparation, of an inventory for the dwelling or schedule of condition for the dwelling.
- Collecting rent;
- Being the principal point of contact for the tenant in relation to matters arising under the tenancy;
- Making arrangements with a person to carry out repairs or maintenance;
- Making arrangements with a tenant or occupier of the dwelling to secure access to the dwelling for any purpose;
- Checking the contents or condition of the dwelling, or arranging for them to be checked as part of a current tenancy or for one which has ended;
- Serving notice to terminate a tenancy.
We would ask that all landlords register with Rent Smart Wales, this needs to be done before 22nd November 2016.
You can register here; https://www.rentsmart.gov.wales/en/landlord/
For more information please contact us on 01248 35 35 44 or firstname.lastname@example.org